With the Jazz festival over, I wanted to get the boat off of the mooring and back to the trailer since it doesn't have antifouling bottom paint. I chose the following Saturday and left early to drive the car and trailer to Wickford where I had launched it in time to catch the bus over to Newport and get out on the water before the Fool's Rules Regatta began in Jamestown at 1100. My cousins were competing in it as they usually do. I got out there early and sailed along the Jamestown shore for a bit while waiting for the start. After the competitors had finished, I sailed up to the beach and anchored in the shallows to see how they did. My cousins won their class! After congratulating them I headed on north towards Wickford. It was a beautiful sail all the way and it felt good to get the boat home and cleaned up.



